The main reason why I start the blog "Só sei que não vou por aí" (translation is - I only know that I will not go that way) is because I am living abroad, Easter was spent away from my family, and because there is a big match for the Portuguese league.
One of the little things that I would change about our identity is our inferiority complex, stating that we are always worst, that our philosophy of life is bad.
- we were the first nation to abolish slavery
- we started our Beloved nation with a son beating up his mother
2) we have a very rich and delicious cuisine
- owen cooked pig stomach
- fried pig tripes
- cod cooked as you never imagined it and some other 500 ways
- the best fish and seafood of Europe
- but our biggest advantage is very simple: our chefs eat and they enjoy eating!!!!! All the other European chefs are thin and elegants. And I think....what the hell??? They spent their whole life surrounded by the best food and condiments in the world...and they are elegant and fit??? They are in the job for money, not for passion.
3) Portugal today:
- is a developed country, economically prosper (sort of), socially and politically stable
- has a high Human Development Index. (for clarifications purpose please see the formula. I assume now you know what it means)
These are facts. Irrefutable. Google away...no chance.
4) The Portuguese have a beautifull country with an excellent weather. People do not understand how important this weather factor is. Try to live in a place where you do not see the sun for THREE months....and then come and talk to me.
5) The Portuguese feel
This will be explored in another posts because I don't have time. ... we are hot blooded, we complain, we scream and shout, cry and laugh, we honk like crazy........I don't have time.
Try to live in a place where the silence is promoted , nobody screams or laughs for three months...and then come and talk to me.
6) And now a more personal point. The Portuguese women are difficult to get but they are above the remaining. More facts coming your way....wait for it, now: